Saturday, January 26, 2008

School's Back

Apparently there's a new club on the U of M campus, Kinky U. Katherine Kersten wrote an interesting take on the club in today's Star Tribune. And by interesting I mean, she really has no opinion at all. It's written as an opinion piece without any real opinion behind it, which reads more like an infomercial than a piece of journalism.

School started this week and of all weeks did it really have to be this cold? The hustle and bustle of first days jitters along with the serious bite of Minnesota Winter. I lucked into rides to campus this semester, meaning no early morning waits for the bus. I am thrilled about this. I can't say it enough. THRILLED.

Yesterday in class I overheard three girls debating the upcoming Super Bowl. Only the debate wasn't over who was going to win and why, the debate was over who had the cutest butt and how one of the debaters wished Randy Moss wasn't so ugly. I've always enjoyed the fact that Minnesotan women have such a high sports IQ. I know that the appearance of the athletes isn't the #1 concern of all of these fans, but I'm sure a sigh of relief was heard across Minnesota when Justin Morneau and Michael Cuddyer signed to long term contracts this week.

No comments: